Mongolia has proven reserves of 1.7 m tonnes of zinc, and as of 2022, five valid iron and zinc licenses have
been issued. About 75% of Mongolia’s zinc exports are produced by Tsairt Minerals LLC, a China-Mongolian joint venture and the remaining 25% by Shin Shin LLC, a Chinese company. In 2021, 100% of locally produced zinc or 112,600 tonnes of zinc ores and concentrates was exported to China.

Zinc production and exports (2005-2020)

Source: The National Statistical Office of Mongolia

Economically impactful zinc deposits

Source: MRPAM


Stay connected with Mongolia Inc

+ Get free access to exclusive Mongolia mining industry reports